Have you heard about the cabbage soup recipe for fast weight loss and detoxification? Whether you want to lose up to 10 pounds in just 7 days, put on some clothes, poop, or get rid of belly bloat, this weight loss diet can help you achieve those goals. They still say it’s a great starting point for healthy eating because Magic Soup is low in calories, high in nutrients, fat-free and sugar-free. Our editors decided to check the effectiveness of the program and here are the results!
What is the cabbage diet?
The cabbage diet has become a very popular weight loss diet in recent years. It’s very low in fat and high in fiber, and it keeps for a total of seven days. Although the program mainly consists of cabbage soup, it also includes other vegetables such as potatoes and tomatoes. You can also eat some meat and drink unsweetened tea and coffee.
The concept is pretty simple: you make and eat as much kale soup as you want. Generally, people consume two to three bowls of it a day – and since it contains almost no calories, you are in a severe calorie deficit and this leads to weight loss.
How much weight can you lose with slimming soup?
Indeed, following a cabbage diet, you can lose up to 4.5 kg in a week. Unfortunately, following such a highly restrictive diet can negatively impact future weight loss. If you reduce your calorie intake too much, your body responds by lowering your metabolic rate. This means that the number of calories you burn in a day is reduced, so you don’t get the benefits of burning calories through simple daily functions like sleeping and sitting.
When you lower your metabolism, you also enter what is commonly referred to as a weight loss plateau. So, even if you follow this diet for a long period of time, you will eventually not see any results. So, if you want to go on a reduced calorie diet, there are much better options to choose from. For example, intermittent fasting or the Sirtfood diet.
What can you eat during a diet?
On the cabbage diet, participants can eat only soup, as well as other vegetables and some types of meat. It is allowed to eat one potato a week and you can snack on fruit, but bananas are forbidden. Drinks are water, unsweetened tea and coffee. Therefore, you will have to give up drinking alcohol.
- Day 1: Eat as much fruit as you like (except bananas), plus unlimited cabbage soup, water, unsweetened tea, and coffee.
- Day 2: Eat raw vegetables and cabbage soup. You are entitled to a baked potato in the evening.
- Day 3: Shchi, fruits and vegetables as desired (except potatoes and bananas).
- Day 4: As desired. You can drink skim milk and eat up to eight bananas.
- Day 5: A lot of cabbage soup, 565 g of beef and six tomatoes. Be sure to drink 6-8 glasses of water.
- Day 6: Shchi, beef and vegetables as much as you like (except potatoes).
- Day 7: Optional cabbage soup, some brown rice and sugar-free fruit juice.
Fat burning soup recipe
- Chop 6 large onions
- 2 green peppers, diced
- 2 cans tomatoes (diced or whole)
- 250 g of chopped champignons
- 1 bunch celery, chopped
- 1/2 head of cabbage
- 3 chopped carrots
- 1 package of dry onion soup mix
- 1 or 2 bouillon cubes (optional)
- salt and pepper
- a pinch of cayenne pepper, curry powder, herb mix, or any other seasoning for added flavor
How to cook?
1. In a large pot, fry the chopped onion with oil.
2. Then add green pepper pieces and cook for one minute.
3. Also add chopped cabbage leaves, chopped carrots, celery and mushrooms.
4. Then sprinkle a little cayenne pepper or curry powder.
5. Pour in 12 cups of water and additional stock cubes.
6. Cook over medium heat until the vegetables are soft and the soup has the desired consistency.
What are the effects of cabbage soup? Here’s our editorial summary
- If you don’t drink a lot of water after 7 days of soup and start a balanced diet, you can quickly regain the lost weight. From 1 to 2 kg more for our editorial office in the first 2 days after the end of the diet.
- It’s a pretty boring diet as it consists mostly of vegetable soup (otherwise not very tasty).