Lose weight with soup, is it possible? Some say that with this simple diet you can lose up to 10 kg in a week! Do you believe it? This is very impressive! That’s why we reveal all the secrets of this diet below, starting with choosing a soup for weight loss and going over the mistakes to avoid. Go for it! Get ready for the summer season!
The benefit of eating soup
Spring is the perfect time to start adding more liquid foods to your diet. They refresh you and strengthen your immunity thanks to the large amount of vitamins and minerals contained in them. In addition, they will help you cleanse the body of toxins and fight seasonal fatigue. If you’re a responsible person, you’ll also appreciate the fact that by making more soups, you’re encouraging plant-based foods that are sustainable and environmentally friendly.
This lifestyle is also associated with a reduced risk of obesity and weight loss support. In addition to helping you increase your vegetable intake, soup helps you stay hydrated, which is essential for burning fat.
Which soup to choose to lose weight quickly?
Enjoying a bowl of soup can easily get rid of your waistline, but only if you choose the right recipe. Here are the ingredients you should look out for and avoid to lose weight on your stomach and thighs.
what can be eaten
There are different types of soup diets. Therefore, the recommended ingredients may vary. But here are the basic rules that must be followed in order to lose weight quickly.
- Add more fiber to your recipes. They help maintain healthy gut bacteria and promote overall fat loss by reducing appetite. Foods high in soluble fiber include sweet potatoes, Brussels sprouts, artichokes, carrots, beets, green peas and broccoli.
- Choose low-glycemic vegetables such as turnips, celery, cauliflower, spinach, kale, collards, and green beans.
- Antioxidants are also important because they rid your body of toxins. One of the best options for a soup diet is lycopene, which is found mainly in tomatoes. Remember that you need to add some oil or fat to your tomato meal so that your body can absorb it.
Common mistakes to avoid
Some foods should be avoided during the diet, as they neutralize the beneficial effects of the above-mentioned compounds. Here they are:
- Dairy products have a negative impact on your diet. Therefore, give up milk, sour cream, heavy cream, cheese and yogurt.
- Thickeners, which are often found in recipes, can spoil everything. Avoid flour, bread and egg yolks.
- You should also avoid instant soups and canned soups. Cooking at home allows you to add ingredients that you like, which is not possible if you choose to buy something at the store. It also saves you from consuming unnecessary preservatives, flavorings and colorings.
- Adding salt is the most common way to improve the taste of food, but it is not recommended for weight loss diets. So reduce the amount you use in your recipes or replace it entirely with herbs and spices that help burn fat. These are cloves, fenugreek, mustard seeds, cayenne pepper, black pepper, ginger, oregano, ginseng, caroluma fimbriata and turmeric.
- Even if you prefer pureed cream soups, try to diversify your menu. According to scientists, chewing food can help increase the satiety factor during a meal and keep you feeling fuller for longer.
Soup diet for rapid weight loss
A soup diet usually lasts 7-10 days. They can certainly help you lose weight, but to avoid the yo-yo effect, you must maintain your hydration levels even after this period. For example, you can continue to eat soup at least once a day, but also drink tea between meals. On the other hand, try not to eat too fatty foods, red meat and reduce the amount of dairy products. Sugar and carbohydrates are other types of foods to be wary of.
Here are the most famous broth diets to try this spring to lose weight fast and lose weight before the beach:
Diet with broth soup
Soup diet on broth lasts from 7 to 14 days and allows you to lose up to 10 kg. If you choose this diet, remember that cream-based soups are limited, as they are higher in calories and fat. So be prepared to eat soup 3 times a day. If that’s too much for you, you can also add lean proteins, non-starchy vegetables and low-fat dairy products to your daily menu.
Among the most famous recipes are garlic soup for weight loss, onion soup and the famous diet leek soup from “Emilie in Paris”!
cabbage soup for weight loss
Cabbage soup diet is one of the most popular. It is a 7-day meal plan that will help you lose 4.5 kg. Of course, if you strictly follow it. This includes eating chicken or vegetable soups that contain kale and other low-carb vegetables. It also allows you to add other low-calorie foods, such as skimmed milk or green leafy vegetables, to your daily menu.
Jerusalem artichoke soup for weight loss
This diet involves drinking seven glasses of artichoke water per day and eating very limited amounts of low-fat, low-calorie foods. It only lasts three days because it’s really drastic. During this period, you should rest and not do sports. The final result is -4 kg, which helps to clean the liver, kidneys and intestines. It also gives the digestive and endocrine systems a little rest after the hard work of processing food.
To diversify the taste of artichoke water, you can add mint leaves or fresh lemon juice to it.
Tomato soup for weight loss
The most important element of this diet is tomato. This requires eating tomatoes with every meal, not only in soups, but also grilled or fresh. If you limit yourself to eating only these vegetables, you can lose up to 2.5 kg in 4 days. For a less stressful diet, add other low-calorie foods to your plate, although this won’t produce as impressive a weight loss effect.
This diet is a 7-day weight loss program that involves eating chicken soup at every meal except breakfast. Consume it often in small portions to reduce cravings and promote satiety. The recipe contains the following ingredients: stock, cooked chicken, herbs such as garlic and onion, and plenty of non-starchy vegetables including carrots, turnips, broccoli and collard greens.
In the morning, you can eat low-calorie foods such as skim milk and yogurt, skim cheese, cereal or wholemeal bread, and fresh fruit.